Cimigo market research releases their annual perspective on the Vietnam consumer trends to watch out for in 2019. The presentation unveils what drives the phenomenal success of Vietnam.
- Rapid urbanisation demands ultra convenience in Vietnam.
- Vietnam now the most interconnected trading nation globally.
- Increasing intra Asia trade and investment for Vietnam.
- More women work in Vietnam than anywhere else in region.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and multiple income sources.
- Middle class acceleration in Vietnam.
- Internet economy shifts consumer priorities. Internet economy at US$9 billion in Vietnam.
- Online shopping will surpass modern trade share of sales in 2028 in Vietnam.
- Keeping up with the Nguyen’s with consumer finance in Vietnam.
- Speed of change – opportunities to leap frog abound in Vietnam.
Constraints on consumer packaged goods growth in Vietnam
- Decelerating birth rate, under 12s and pester power in Vietnam.
- Rural the next growth frontier….population is in long term decline in Vietnam.
- Consumer naivety is over, brands face rapid claim wear out in Vietnam.
- Food safety challenges trust and force Vietnamese consumers to be smarter.
- Convenience stores ease market access in Vietnam.
- The choice paradox is now overwhelmingly counter productive in Vietnam.
- Brands have forgotten how to innovate in Vietnam.
- Experiences over tangible goods, shift purchase priorities in Vietnam.
- More data yet less informed. Massive media fraud.